Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sydney!

Wednesday, March 7th ‘07

We are just about to land and I’m pretty excited about it. I just can’t believe that in a couple of mins. I’ll be down under. I’m at the complete other side of the world. Hello Sydney! I can see it! I see Australia! Woooohoooo! Go Aussies! Australia here I come ! I’m so excited! I’m on a shuttle to the hostel and it’s weird being on the front left seat and not being the one driving. Cool! They have the monorail here. It just makes me think of the Simpsons when they had the monorail. It’s late here and I’m tired so I’ll go to bed now. Eventho it’s 9:30pm. The good new is, I have free breakfast and Diner (supper). Nice! I’ll keep ya posted.

Thursday, March 08 ‘07

I’m definitely in Sydney, ate breakfast while watching Sesame Street. Right now, I’m walking around looking for a post office and a cell phone cie. Got myself somewhere don’t know where but it’s cool, I’m exploring. Found the Navy tho! Well, I’ll just keep on going and see where this’ll take me. I’m walking into the botanical garden trying to get my ass to the Opera House and I stumbled into a tree filled with bats that is way too cool! This is great! I just saw some cockatoos parrots free in the “wild”. This place is cool! I found a Castle! It’s the government house but it looks like a medieval castle. Well, I finally got myself to the Sydney Opera House, this is they Ultimate proof that I’m in Sydney. It feels great and awesome. I just feel like jumping, dancing, moving like a retard. It’s just so overwhelming. Wow! I’m in Sydney, Australia. I’m in my new home country. What a feeling!

Walk around the streets downtown. The only reason why I look like a tourist here is that I’m not in a hurry and I have to look on the floor to know which way to look before crossing the street. That’s it, I finally got my sim card with my new phone number. Weeee! Now I’m reachable at any time. This is backpackers paradise, hostels everywhere, discounts for backpackers, info and tours for backpackers, travel centers for backpackers. This really is the place for low budget travelers.

Friday, March 9th ‘07

Got myself to Chinatown but it’s not much different from the one in Montreal. Now I’m in Darling Harbour, it’s nice there’s an Imax, an info center, stores, restaurants, some kind of a water play park (very small). I’m sitting on wooden stairs looking at the harbour and the boats on the docks. A woman came to me with a survey about the harbour. Don’t know how many she has to fill per day but I answered it. The sun is coming out and it feels a bit weird after Hawaii not to be able to just put on my bathing suit and throw myself in the water near by. They have trams here as well as busses, subways and the monorail. I’m slightly hungry and diner is not before 6pm (it’s 1:30 right now). I think I’ll get some food and then ride on the monorail. I also have to find an Australian flag patch to add on my shirt.

I had planned to take a ride on the monorail but it’s 4,50$ so I decided I could easily walk instead. I’m not as excited as I taught I would be. I’m happy to be here but just not excited. There are a lot of job openings here. Just walking down the streets a girl was giving out papers with an employment position. Lots of signs on stores, restaurants, etc. Looking for employees. I guess it’s really not hard to find a job here. Some guy tried “flirting” with me but I was so uninterested he finally gave up. I really hope to meet people and make friends once I’m settled.

I wanted to go out dancing tonight but the dance was cancelled due to an event happening in Melbourne this weekend. Bummer! Well, I went for food with the 2 Germans that are staying in my room. I’m with 2 Canadians as well, all guys I’m the only girl here. Bah! I don’t mind.
Tomorrow I’m going to Brisbane. Another flight! (exasperated) It’s 8:25pm and I’m tired! I have to do my luggage as check out is at 10am. My flight tomorrow is at 5pm and I land in Brisbane at 7:25pm. Don’t know how long it’ll take me to get to Stephanie’s place.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You made it to Australia! You're going to have so much fun! Keep posting!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.