Sunday, March 04, 2007

Getting to Hawaii

Tuesday, February 27th 2007 (on DL 4861)

I’m a mess! Just left my mom an hour and a half ago and I just couldn’t stop crying. And there I go again. I love her soooo much and I’ll miss her. I’m in this small ass plane on my way to Atlanta. I’ll be in here for 2h20min. I called Cynthia earlier to take my mind off the mother. Well, my journey is starting and so is the waiting (actually started at 10 past 1). It’s almost surreal! This is not the first time I do this but I still feel weird a new adventure is starting, wonder what’s in store for me this time? I’m pretty excited about this trip and I feel more prepared! The plane is finally moving(5:30).

8:45
Finally in ATL flight 1 done 2 more to go. I’ve tried plugging my laptop in the airport but I don’t get enough juice. Listening to music as I watch a plane getting cleaned while it’s getting re-fueled. So interesting! (sarcastic). I have a bit less then an hour before my next flight. It’s not too bad, just not in a hurry to spend 9h in LAX. Once in awhile, I start thinking of my mother and tears roll down my face. I’m still very excited about this trip. What an adventure this is gonna be!

February, 28th 07 (3:07am – 6:07am MTL)

On the previous flight, I was some kinda lucky, the woman that was sitting next to me didn’t like me so her and her husband moved leaving the 3 seats to me. I was glad, I was able to lay across them to sleep. Only got to sleep about 2h30 on this 5h flight. I’ve been in LAX since midnight and my flight leaves in 6hrs. I tried plugging my laptop but it doesn’t work here just like in ATL. I wish I could find an outlet that works properly for it. I tried sleeping earlier but only got about 2h of shut eye. I’m so tired and bored, I want to cry. I left home 17hrs ago left my mom 14 1/2 hrs ago 13hrs to go before I’m finally at destination. Traveling is such a torture but it’s worth it once you get at destination. I was not impressed by the service on DL all I got was a snack on my second flight they charge to watch a movie the only thing is you get certain TV channels for free. I used up all my laptop batteries on my first flight. I really taught I would be able to recharge in ATL. Hopefully, once in HA I’ll get my bed quick so I can get some sleep. People seem to speak more Spanish then English here. It’s raining outside and it’s cold. I’m pretty pissed that my laptop doesn’t work, it didn’t work at the hospital as well. What’s the point of having a laptop if I can’t use it outside my place?! So tired but can’t sleep and got noting to entertain myself but a deck of cards.

6:37am – 9:37 MTL
This morning is torture! I’m exhausted! I have no energy, my fingers hurt so much, it’s painful just opening and closing a bag. I really can’t wait to get there. The good news is, this is my last flight for 6 days. I know I’m complaining a lot but it won’t be for long. Like I said before, traveling is painful. I’m tired and cold! This airport is not what I expected. It’s really crapy, it’s dirty, it’s badly organized and the seat cochins are broken, we can see the filling. My flight leaves in 2hrs, 9hrs left!


1:20 pm 6:20pm MTL
I’m finally here in Hawaii, I slept a bit on the plane and now I have some energy. Finally the feeling of excitement I was waiting for has arrived! Right now, I’m waiting for my shuttle to the hostel. I took off my socks and the bottom part of my pants, I have a feeling I’ll have blisters Yay! (sarcastically) I saw the island thru the plane window but now I just can’t wait to see it from the ground. The wind is a bit frisky. But it’s a beautiful day, the sun is out. There is one myth I’ll have to put an end, there is no lady that waits for you when you get off the plane to give you a Lei necklace. You have to buy them and they’re about 17$ for real flower ones.

2:30pm 7:30 MTL
Well, I’m at the hostel but I can’t check in before 4pm. This sucks! I’m so tired, I just want to lay down. I want to cry, scream, take all the hair off my head. My f#%$ing laptop doesn’t work. Every outlet I plug it into doesn’t work. This happened to me in MTL at the hospital but once I got back home, there was no problem. Now, it didn’t work in both airports nor at the hostel. What am I gonna do? I bought this goddam laptop for traveling. This is killing me. I’m not on the guaranty but I only had it for a year and it’s not the laptop per say that is defective but the power bar. This is crap! What am I gonna do? Piece of shit! I need my laptop. I bought it specifically for this trip. I’m extremely tired and this is just making it worst. I am so unhappy with this situation. I taught that at this point I’d be telling you how nice and sunny it is but my spirit’s pretty low now. There’s a lot of sky scrapers and it’s pretty dirty plus there’s a cold breeze and I’m a bit chilly.

4pm 9pm MTL
Finally checked in! I’m not allowed to use my sheets, sleeping bag or pillow. Well, I’ll cheat and use at lease my pillow. If I knew these rules, I wouldn’t’ve take it. Too late now. At lease, I got them to change my room with one that has lockers. Really wouldn’t’ve been happy about that one. I have too many valuable things and I don’t feel like sleeping with all of those in my bed worrying that at any moment someone can take something. I’m so exhausted that the moment I was alone, I cried. Now I’m in my bed with my pillow and I’m gonna get some sleep.

No comments: