Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Melbourne December '07

Saturday, December 1st ‘07

Wow, December already! Just can’t believe it. I’ve been having so much fun in Melbourne, I really gotta find myself a job and stay here. It’s just soo great! Renee is leaving today. We went out for lunch and just hung out. I really like Daniel (yes, another Daniel) he’s really very mature for his age. Then it was going to the train station with Renee so she could catch her flight back to Brisbane.

Went back to Tom’s place to get ready for Swing Patrol’s Christmas party. The theme was dress as something that starts with S or P. I didn’t have much but I wore my wig and boa and went as Sassy. Good enough for me. The party was ok, lots of great costumes too many Salors, Pirates and Santas for my taste thought. Jack and I spent a fair amount of time talking, we left early and went out in the city. We meet up with Ruby that was in a club with some friends. It was a bit weird being in the city with my wig and boa but it was loads of fun. Jack and I ended up back at Dan’s place watching movies before going to bed.

Sunday, December 2nd ‘07

Jack wanted to go to the market so I went back to Tom’s place to get changed and went back to Dan’s place. The girls (Ruby and her girlfriend) took too much time to get ready so we didn’t go but we hung in the city, just having a good time. Went back to Dan’s as Ruby had to pack, her flight back home is this afternoon. Well, we just took Ruby back and we’re on our way to the supermarket to get some chips as I’m making Poutine for the boys tonight. I really like hanging with these guys it’s cool.

I really have to move out of Tom’s place fast! I did my laundry and hung it out but when I got back, he had ironed it and folded all my clothes including my undies. That is sooooo wrong. Already I was feeling a bit uncomfortable “living” with a 50 something year old man but that is way too much. I have though not been sleeping there for the past 3-4 nights which was pretty good. It is pretty unusual for me to sleep somewhere else than home or where my luggage is, I usually don’t really like it but it didn’t bother me the past few days.

Monday, December 3rd ‘07

Today, I’m moving out of Tom’s place and going to Daniel (the other Daniel that doesn’t dance but studies law) and Michael’s place. Great! It was just becoming way too awkward at Tom’s. I cooked diner tonight for the boys as Michael was away and Daniel had some work to do. I made some pasta with bruschetta it was not as nice as what these guys can do in the kitchen but it was nice.

Tuesday, December 4th ‘07

I printed out my resume and walked around the city and Fitzroy to apply for work. I have been extremely lazy as to looking for work, just having to much fun with all the people I’ve meet during the weekend (a fair amount of Perthies). I really enjoy living here with Daniel and Michael they’re really cool.

Friday, December 7th ‘07

Went to North Fitzroy to pick up some cheese and some Unbitekook (some netherlands breakfast cake I don’t know how to write). I decided to give Daniel (swing) a visit. It was nice to just hang out.

Saturday, December 8th ‘07

Went to a series of short plays in which Mika (a swing dancer) was presenting his play. It was really nice and enjoyable. Then, I went to Brad and Lauren (again 2 swing dancers)’s house warming party. When I came in, there was this geek sitting on the couch in front of the door, so I went to talk to him. I spend the entire evening with him just chatting. It was nice. They have a spa but I didn’t bring my bathing suit so I just enjoyed the food and the company. Anyways, it seems to me like David (the geek) and I got along pretty well. I really like him. We did hook up and we both (along with others) stayed over night. He has a red convertible BMW and works in Canberra.

Sunday, December 9th ‘07

What a great night it was! Just hanging with all these people was just soooo much fun and I really felt like I belonged.
Woke up and helped Brad cleaning up then David drove me back and on the way, we stopped for lunch. Oh my god! He just invited me to his mom’s for Christmas. I accepted, it’s not like I have any plans for Christmas and it’ll be nice not to be alone for the holidays. Ah well. We’ll see how things goes.

One of my flatmates, Michael is going to New Zealand for 18 days so I spent time with my flatmates, watching movies and enjoying a great meal cooked by Michael. I don’t remember the last time I’ve eaten as well as I have here (except maybe for my aunt Carla’s cooking).


Tuesday, December 11th ‘07

Spent the morning/afternoon with Tamara, a girl I met at the vintage shopping tour with MLX. It was nice, I like her a lot. She’s really cool and we get along quite well. Spending time with her was nice and refreshing. We went “shopping” for Christmas gifts, gotta get something for David and his mom (I told him not to get me anything but I have a strong feeling he’ll still get me something). I found the perfect gifts but I don’t want to purchase them right now in case something happens and I end up not going for some reason. I still looked at stuff for my flatmates, they haven’t asked me to pay any rent and that’s helping me a lot! I saw these shoes when I did the vintage shopping tour that I feel in love with and I wanted to see how much they are and wanted to get them but they don’t have my size. Sniff L I really liked those shoes. I want them! My new style derived from those shoes. I’ll keep looking with any luck I’ll find them. I have also done some more job hunting but I really don’t seem to have any luck. Not finding work is kinda bringing me down but having friends here helps me so much.

I am slightly freaked out now! I just spoke with David thru msn. He told his mom that I'm his girlfriend, that's ok I can cope with that. Then, he invited me to his dad's Christmas party (can cope with that as well). But then, he was thinking of coming over for the weekend (still ok) unfortunately, he can't come over for some reason (and this is where I'm slightly freaked out) so he came up with the solution that I should fly over for the weekend and that he'll pay my plane ticket. I thought he was joking at first but he was dead serious. I kinda froze and didn't know what to say (there was a long silence on my side of the microphone). It's not like I have plans for the weekend and have to be here or something, I really do want to see him this weekend and not have to wait 'till Christmas. I just don't know about the, him buying me plane tickets to see him part. I finally agreed but am still a bit freaked out by this all. This is so weird, I'm not used to being liked/wanted THAT much, it feels good but yet weird. Ah well, I've agreed and the tickets are already purchased. Noting much I can do now but take that plane to Canberra on Thursday.

Thursday, December 13th ‘07

At Maccas in the airport looking at the cheeseburger I just bought and don’t know if I really want to eat it. My flight is delayed by 40mins, 40 more mins to wait alone 40 more mins before I get to see David. On my way here, I felt a bit freaked out (though I don’t think I’ve stopped) to the point that I was holding my tears and wasn’t so sure about this. Don’t get me wrong, I really like David and I do want to see him can’t wait to be with him again but the hole thing about him paying my flight to come visit is a bit much and I have a bit of a hard time dealing with it, eventho I know he’s not going to hold it “to” me or something. It’s just really weird and unusual to me. I feel my heart racing and my stomach is all weird, I feel like smiling and crying at the same time.

Still out of work and don’t know what’ll do. Spending Christmas at his parents is also something on my mind. I’m just glad I found what I’ll be giving them. It’ll be weird and awkward. It almost feels like a relationship that is moving so fast I have a hard time catching up. And then there’s New Year’s eve party at Brad’s, this’ll be the first time I’ll have someone to kiss at the stroke of midnight. I should be happy (almost jumping up and down happy, excited) but I’m more nervous and scared than anything. I guess it’s my self-defense mechanism that’s telling me hold on, don’t get excited just yet, you wouldn’t want to be hurt. It really feels weird. On an up side, I’ll see him in 2 hours. He’ll pick me up in his red BMW convertible and I’ll be having an enjoyable weekend with him, that’s if I don’t let my freaking out get in the way.

I’m here! I’m in Canberra with him. He’s just so adorable. It’s nice to be with him. It’s really late and we’re tired so we’ll just be going to bed, he’s working tomorrow. I’ve also arranged to meet up with a friend tomorrow so it’ll be nice.

Friday, December 14th ‘07

We barely slept last night got maybe 20mins of sleep, we were too restless and most likely to “happy” to fall asleep. My poor sweetheart has to work today and I wonder how he’ll manage without falling asleep. Tess is picking me up later and we’ll spend some time together which’ll be nice. Haven’t seen her since MLX (Tess is a girl I spent a lot of time talking too during that weekend).
Well, just came back from spending a lovely morning and afternoon with Tess. We went for breakky and as we were walking there, I found the shoes I wanted and they had my size so I got them. I love those shoes! We then drove around and she showed me the city. Canberra is Australia’s capital city , filled with government buildings as well as museums but it’s not as nice and fun as Ottawa I might say. We did some groceries and she left me at David’s. He’ll be back in an hour or so. I just went thru his stuff and played games on XBOX.

He just texted me, he’s coming home soon and he’s hungry so I better start dinner. Yup, I’m making dinner but he knows not to expect this all weekend or all the time. Well, that was a nice picture! At lease I know he must’ve enjoyed it. I had some French Canadian music on while I was cooking I was singing and dancing when he got in, he just stood in the doorway watching me. He looked nice there with his arms crossed leaning on the wall with a smile on his face. He was sooo cute! “I’m not a housewife!” is what I said when I saw him standing there.

Saturday, December 15th ‘07

He took me to a observatory that was closed! So we went to a space/giant dish “museum”, he was happy and that’s all that counts. I liked it but I was not as interested as he was, I just didn’t feel like reading notes that I wouldn’t remember 5 mins later. I did have a huge headache from driving thru the mountains with all the turns and the sun hitting us in his car. I was good at hiding it from him just asked for the bottle of water and discreetly went to the toilet to take an Advil. He had no clue. On the way back, I made him go thru the road he likes to take and drive fast as we go up and down the hill thru the curves. Didn’t help my headache but my Advil helped a bit and it was obvious he wanted to drive thru that road. It was really nice, he also didn’t drive as fast as he usually does ‘cause I’m in the car. He’s sooo cute!

We went to the movies and watched Bee Movie. It was not a great movie, or at lease I did not really appreciate it and didn’t find there was many jokes for adults to appreciate unless you’re a 30 year old kid. David really liked it and that’s all that counts to me. He’s easy to make laugh and blush. It’s cute and attractive. I’m really happy to be here in Canberra with him. He treats me like all women should be treated and is considered like a princess nowadays. I’m really lucky and it feels great to be treated the way I should be treated. It’s about time that I found a man like that which some kind of makes me scared to loose him and/or get hurt. It’s really easy to be with him, there’s no games of : what do you want to do, no what do you want to do, no you choose, etc. He makes the choice and checks if it’s alright with me which is really good.

He cooked dinner tonight. Steak with mushroom sauce, chips and salad. It was good but slightly/a lot undercooked. It was still edible and good! He’s such a geek and a nerd! But he’s my geek/nerd. We watched a movie then a nerd tv show called The Big Bang Theory, let’s say that I got most of the jokes (not all in details) and he got all of them (in details). I so enjoy spending time with him.


Sunday, December 16th ‘07

He woke up early to pick up Richard his flatmate and I stayed in bed. We didn’t do much today. Stayed in, he cooked lunch, not really what I would eat but again edible. We just spent the last day we had together in front of the tv watching a movie, tv shows and playing video games. I didn’t care, all I wanted was to be with him. It’ll be a week before I see him again and then it’ll be meeting the family. I’m so nervous! I asked David everyone’s names and occupation so I don’t look like an idiot that doesn’t know a thing about them.

Do you know that we already have a song. Yes, we have a song! At Brad and Lauren’s party while we were making out, Wicked games by Chris Isaak played and I told him I liked this song but it didn’t seem to make sense when he says : “I want to fall in love with you” why would you want to fall in love with someone in that case wouldn’t you just be in love with that person? Ah, well we kinda sung it for a bit. A few days later, David had added I want to fall in love by Chris Isaac as a favorite song on Facebook, he had the title wrong but I knew it was because of that night. So this is how, Wicked games by Chris Isaak became our song.

I’m in the aircraft on my way back to Melbourne and I don’t want to go back. I just want to be with him. This is bad. I can’t be that much into him. This is going to be a long journey back and a looooong week. This weekend, David and I spoke about the future and what are the options open to us being together. We pretty much made plans as to what we shall do if we still want to be together when my visa expires, what are the things I have to do and the “obligations” he might have. All seems to work out fine so should be easy in the case we’re still very much into each other by March. Can’t believe we kinda made plans until June. He’s not freaked out but I am a bit, this is going so fast but it feels right.

Monday, December 17th ‘07

I can’t believe I have some Christmas shopping to do. And now, I gotta get something for David’s aunt as well as it turns out we’re not having dinner at his mom’s but at his aunt’s. We’re just staying at his mom’s on Christmas eve. I’ll just get everyone the same thing. Makes 3 gifts : one for Maureen (his mom) and Paul Williamson, one for Sue (his aunt) and John Scarlett and one for Neil (his father) and Dora Pyke. Plus, I got to get a gift for him and I can’t just get anything, it has to be significant/personal. I also have to get something for my flatmates that hasn’t charged me any rent whatsoever. Well, got gifts for everyone except for Michael, I’ll wait ‘till Daniel is free and we’ll go together he’ll know what to get him.


Tuesday, December 18th ‘07

Got a job interview today. I thought it was for a toy store but it’s a marketing company and I’m not too sure this’ll be the type of job I want. I know at this point I should take anything but there are still some jobs I won’t take. I’m required to go tomorrow morning for an observation/trial, we’ll see what it is and hopefully it’ll be something I won’t mind doing.

Wednesday, December 19th ‘07

I am so annoyed by the company I had an interview with. They made me loose an entire day which I could’ve used to look for work instead of spending it with this girl looking at her selling Wal-Mart crap from store to store to their employees and customers. They were not forward with me yesterday about this job, they said it was B2B but it was just a bowl of crap. Also, she took me to Dandenong which is 1 hour away from the city by car so I had to stay with her the entire day as I had no way to get back ‘cause if it was for me, I would have left the minute I realized what this job was which was when she finally told me once we got to Dandenong. Also, she was one of the most horrible drivers I’ve seen and she gets mad at all the others. On my way back, I just wanted to get out of the car at the first red light in the city, I wanted to hide myself from sitting next to her in the car. What a waist of my time!

Monday, December 24th ‘07

4am
My man is sleeping and I’m awake. I’m sick! He doesn’t know but I think he’s got a clue. I’m trying not to wake him as he really needs his sleep but I really hate being sick. I’ve got one of those laryngitis, sinusitis or something like that. My throat is killing me and I keep on spitting some gewy stuff. Not nice at all. It’s not good as we’re going to his mom’s today and sleeping there. They are going to hear me all day and night. I’ll have to try and be discreet so they don’t. I really want to make a good impression! It is very important to me that I make a good impression and that his family likes me. I like him and I don’t want to have his family against me or something.

We had an awesome time yesterday, we had a picnic in the park. He taught me how to drive a manual, yes on his car (BMW convertible Z-4) that was fun, then we played bowling (big pins), watched a movie and ended up back to the apartment to cook diner and bake. It was great! My poor David was exhausted at the end of it, he’s not used to this much activity but I’m sure he had a good time as well.


We stopped at a miniput on our way to his mom’s place and had a good time. I got so nervous as we got closer and closer to his mom’s. He’s such a geek! On our way there, he realized that his speedometer was about to show 0123456789, so we drove around her place until it got there so he could take a picture of it.

Well, I meet his mom, her husband and his brother Andrew. They are all very nice but I’m not sure that his mother likes me. The mother is always the hard one to win.

Tuesday, December 25th ‘07

We’re celebrating Christmas at his aunt’s place but before we get there, it’s gift exchange time and his mom got me a book as well as some chocolates. Got to his aunt’s place and met more family members. The are well off people that caries themselves as so. They are all very nice but they have money and they show it. We had a buffet style meal with giant prawns, turkey, spuds and salad. At some point, the boys played some cricket, so typically Australian. I had a nice time but when everyone left, I was ready to go but David seemed to want to stay longer and it was not up to me to tell him we should go. I think I won his brother and his cousins over, doesn’t mater as long as I don’t win the mother over.

Wednesday, December 26th ‘07

My mom called me this morning as we were getting ready to go to his dad’s. I got to talk to my entire family, it was a race going from one to the other. It was funny, should’ve timed it. My mom spoke with David and that was funny to hear and watch as he didn’t seem to know what to say. He’s so cute when he blushes.

Time to meet his father’s side of the family. For some reason, I’m not as nervous as meeting his mom. Got to meet his sister Kate and his brother Brett. I really really like his brother Brett, he’s a sweet kid. He’s just so nice and cute and soft and smiling. This party was mostly for his father’s wife family, so David didn’t know everyone. There was a fair amount of kids running around. This time it was a Barby with way too much food and the kids played cricket in the lawn while David played with his remote controlled helicopter Andrew gave him for Christmas. I think I like this side of his family better. They are more genuine. We stayed on after everyone left and I was ok with that as everyone was talking to me and seemed to have accepted me as part of the family. Andrew came around and we played a board game. His dad is a very typical Aussie and he had a good chat at some point but I couldn’t understand half of what he said. I had a really good time with these people.

Daniel came back from Canberra tonight and finally met David. It was so cut e to see them together. It didn’t take long for them to get along. 2 geeks, they are bound to understand each other. David is great, he’ll help me in the kitchen and cleaning up, he doesn’t argue and does anything I ask him. He’s just so easy to be with, and what scares me the most is that I think I’m falling in love with him. He’s so good to me, I can almost see each other living like a married couple and that’s a very scary thought. Things have been moving quite fast but now, it feels stable and good, really good.

Thursday, December 27th ‘07

Spent the day with David and Daniel, they are great and so much fun. Really enjoy myself with both of them. David and I are moving to Brad’s house for the next couple of days as Daniel is having people over tomorrow as well as Michael coming back from New Zealand. So, we are back to the scene of the crime! Brad’s house is where David and I met. I’m so glad I did go to that party.

Friday, December 28th ‘07

At Brad’s house and my baby’s watching Cricket. It’s a beautiful day and I’m yearning to go outside and do something. We finally did go outside! Yup, we took a walk to Subway for some food and the we went for a drive looking for an XBOX game we can play together. We played some XBOX for a bit and then when Brad got home, we went for food and the boys decided to play XBOX, David said 20mins but I know it’ll be more than that, since there’s noting for me to do, I’ll just go to bed. Good night!

Saturday, December 29th ‘07

David and I went to the beach today and practiced driving a manual, after he watched some cricket. I had such a great time! It made me so happy to be with him. I just wanted it to be both of us, no one else. It’s such a beautiful, hot, sunny day! I was so glad to be outdoors but also, I wanted to be out of the house ‘cause Brad’s there and I wouldn’t have David to myself otherwise and I’d be left aside for the sake of XBOX. I feel so selfish! Am I allowed? Is this ok? Not too sure? I’m not sure of anything really! I like him soooooooooo much and it scares me as I think I’m falling in love.

Sunday, December 30th ‘07

Alone again! I just hate staying here at Brad’s place. There’s noting I can do nowhere I can go without a car so I’m just stuck here looking at the walls. My man’s with the boys in the pool and I don’t feel like joining them. Anyways, I don’t think there’s much I could talk about with these geeks. I just feel trapped! Earlier, David told me he would hang with me and not leave me alone, took him 5mins to do so. I couldn’t just say, no you stay with me, I’m not that type of person and I’d hate myself if I did. I gotta let him do what he likes whenever he likes, it’s just so hard ‘cause I don’t have many friends here and like I wrote before there isn’t much I can do in this remote area. I care a lot about David and I don’t want to loose him by monopolizing him, I just wish I had a friend to hang with or something to entertain myself. I just feel trapped and lonely. I guess the good thing is that my boy’s happy doing what he wants to do. Sometimes I just wonder how much more of these sacrifices I will have to do, or how much more I can take? Will it all be worth it in the long run? Should I just forget it all and go home? I do miss my mom and wonder how she’s doing?

David just got back in, I should be glad but I’m just concern that he came back just for me. I know I should be happy about it but I really don’t want to be the reason for him to stop himself from doing what he wants. So, it seems like it’s a loose-loose situation, there’s just no way I’ll feel good being with him in this house. Am I being selfish to want him with me but also want him to want to be with me instead of with his friends ‘cause I just don’t want to be left aside? Does that make any sense? Sounds confusing to me!

Monday, December 31st ‘07

New year’s eve! Last day of 2007. David and I stayed at the house to clean up and play sonic on XBOX. Yes I play XBOX now but just to please David. I enjoy it just not as much as he does. I’ve been pretty worried about this party as everyone’ll be geeks and mostly David’s friends but David has been great making sure I’m not alone.


Midnight just past and I got to kiss my man at the stroke of midnight, my very first new year kiss. Hope this is the beginning of a great year with David.

No comments: