Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Canberra January '08

Tuesday, January 1st ‘08

Well, it the first day of the new year and we have to leave Brad’s house, the only refuge we found is David’s mom’s place. Not the my first choice but it’s ok. Before going to Anglesea we stopped by Michael and Daniel’s place to say hi and to see Daniel before he leaves for Egypt, I knew I chose the wrong boyfriend ;-).

Wednesday, January 2nd ‘08


David’s taking me to the Great Ocean Road today and it’ll be great! Yes, we drove the Great Ocean Road in his convertible with the top down. It was great! We went to some waterfalls and stopped for food along the way before heading to the 12 Apostles that are more like 8 or 9 now as they’re all falling. It was long but a great drive. Got a bit of a headache but it wasn’t to bad with the top down, it got worse on the way back. When we got back to his mom’s, David asked me to move in with him on Saturday. I was bit surprised as we have just met but it was also the only way we could stay together as I’m running out of money, place to stay and don’t have work so, I accepted.

Thursday, January 3rd ‘08

Today, we spend all freaking day in his storage room in Geelong looking for his passport. It is such a mess in there. He has stuff that belongs to his ex-wife in there that should be in the trash by now! I will have to make him get rid of all that crap next time or ASAP. He does remind me of myself in some ways as he keeps everything and has a hard time getting rid of stuff.

Saturday, January 5th ‘08

Today, we have an 8 hour drive to Canberra, Capital – boring- city of Australia. I did get to drive his car for 3 hours. I’m still nervous driving his BMW manual convertible. I did it for 3 hours and gave him a French Canadian lesson he now know what Steak, Ble d’Inde Patate means. ;-)

Sunday, January 6th ‘08

We spend the entire day cleaning up his room today so they’d be space for my stuff. His room is sooooooo messy! It took us all day and it’s still not all done. That was my very "exciting" more like boring day.

Monday, January 7th ‘08

Well, today I looked for work and got an interview tomorrow at an IGA. It'll be something to do. I'm feeling very bored alone in this apartment and I'm really not sure if moving in with David was a good idea I only just met him a month ago. I really need a job 'cause I'll be bored out of my mind and I need to have financial independence. He'd pay everything for me if I'd ask him but I really don't want that.

Tuesday, January 8th ‘08

Well, I went for the interview at IGA and got the job. I’ll be working 8:30 ‘till 5 Monday to Friday. The good thing is that David’ll be able to drive me to work every morning and pick me up almost every day so I won’t have to take 3 busses back and forth. I’m meeting David for lunch so we can buy some storage stuff to put my stuff in. As we were shopping for storage stuff, it occurred to me that we were shopping for furniture together when I told him, he was like: “Yeah!”. This is noting to him, he ‘s been married. I have not, I’ve never ever just lived with a boyfriend nor spent the holidays with a boyfriend’s family before. Our relationship is moving so fast and it feels weird. I’m really not used to this.


Wednesday, January 9th ‘08

First day at work! David drove me to work this morning as he will for the next couple of weeks until I feel comfortable enough to drive his car then I’ll be driving him to work and picking him up afterwards. Tess came around to say hi. T’was very nice to see her. She’s gonna come around to see me often which is good. This job seems ok, we’ll see how things goes from here. I just can’t believe I’m living life as a couple making food for 2, not having my own room, having to take someone else under consideration when I do stuff. Just living in an actual relationship, sharing my life. It’s been hard at times with all the changes. Most of the time, our relationship seems so simple but at times, it feels like the hardest thing. We don’t have it easy with my visa, my being away from my mom and friends. I know people here but I wouldn’t qualify them as friends. I’m still alone! Don’t have anyone to confide in else then David but to whom shall I confide about my relationship with David.

Thursday, January 10th ‘08

I have been feeling a bit concerned lately, things just don’t feel “normal” or “great”. For starters, I don’t feel at home at Richard and David’s apartment, it feels like I’m squatting at their place doesn’t feel like my room or our room but his room, my job is ok but it doesn’t make me feel happy, I look at the time too often, I don’t feel free or more like independent, I don’t have friends or know anyone (else than Tess). Right now, the only thing that makes me happy is David but everything else is not. Tess is picking me up after work but I just feel like being alone. It’ll be good to spend time with her, away from David. It annoys me that I depend on him here as he’s the one driving me to work and picking me up, I can take the bus but I’d have to take 3 and it would take me an hour/hour and a half each way.

Well, just spent time with Tess which felt really good. It was nice to have someone to talk to about my relationship with David. We went for a drink, did some grocery shopping, get to her place met her daughter and brother, ate and went back to David’s where she met Richard and David as they were watching some geek series. When she left, I went into David’s room and stayed there, took a shower went online and in bad. He joined me 5 mins later. While we were in bed he said thanks for letting him spend the evening with his friend Richard. He shouldn’t! He should just do what he wants and spend time with whom he wants.

Wednesday, January 16th ‘08

I’m not very happy with my work and I’m gonna start looking for something else. We also started to look into my getting a visa extension so I can stay another year. Things with David are going fine. We’re getting ourselves into a bit of a routine but that’s ok. His room’s starting to feel like ours and I’m spending some time with Tess meeting swing dancers, it is making a difference. I’ve started to teach David some French and he wants to take swing dance classes. I’m thinking about tango lessons for me but we’ll have to see. I have to switch backs as the back I’m with, don’t have a branch here or outside of Queensland for that matter, so I can’t deposit my money as I’m being paid cash and ATM’s don’t take deposits. Canberra is really very boring! There’s noting to do or see.

Monday, January 21st ‘08

I’ve been really missing Montreal lately. I miss my friends, miss my mom, miss going out as much as I used too. As time goes by, I miss home more and more. David and I have been looking into extending my visa and other options if it doesn’t work. One of them is my going to Asia for a month or so and come back on a tourist visa and move back to Montreal in June when his contract ends. I might just get back a bit earlier. I may say that I’d prefer doing it that way. I’d get to go to Asia like I’ve been wanting too. I could leave on the 7th of March and come back for the 15th of April (David’s B-Day) then, I’d have 2 months living at David’s without working before going back home. And he’d get a 2 year working holiday visa to stay in Montreal with me. At the end all that counts to me is that we are together. He makes me so happy. I love him!

No comments: