Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Canberra, February '08

Saturday, February 2nd ‘08

We drove down to Geelong yesterday and stayed at his dad’s place where Dora likes to keep it “G” rated so we slept in different beds and rooms. It was quite “special” to say the least. Today, we bored his brother Brett and David’s old car to get to his storage and get rid of his ex-wife’s stuff we also took the opportunity to get some trash out and make a nice donation to salvo’s. The worse part of it all is that David had me go all the way to Bellarat (2-3 hours away) to bring his ex-wife’s stuff to her day, which was not up to him to do that, if she wanted her stuff she would’ve come and get it herself 2 years ago when they divorced. Anyways, let’s just say that this was definitely not my favorite day of my life.

Sunday, February 10th ‘08

David’s off to his friend playing video games and Richard’s away for the weekend so I have the car as well as the apartment to myself. I’ve decided to have a surprise Valentine’s dinner for David. Drove to the city (first time driving his car alone!) to get some stuff. There was things going on but I didn’t have time to stop and check it out. Went home and prepared everything. On the menu: sushi and chocolate fondue with a bit of me for desert. It was really nice! I recon David enjoyed it. We also watched An Affair to Remember and The Shop Around the Corner. I was glad and happy to do this for him.

Monday, February 11th ‘08

Last week at work! I might say it’s quite a relief. I also have less than a month left before I have to leave and I might say that I’m not very happy about the idea of leaving David. It’ll be only 3 months that we’d been together but we lived together for 2 of those. We booked my ticket for Thailand last week and I’m waiting for David to get his week off so we can book the rest of my trip and his ticket. As last weekend, we didn’t have much of a weekend, it felt really good to have one now. Next weekend, we plan to go to Sydney as he wants to introduce me to his sister, I’ll also take the opportunity to get that dress I saw at the Wintersun and absolutely loved! Though I really don’t like Canberra, I got used to my life here but I think that being with David makes the difference.

Wednesday, February 13th ‘08

David and I booked our flights. My trip is now definite. I’m leaving for Bangkok on the 7th of March mom is meeting me on the 12th leaving on the 31st. I should be going to Vietnam ‘till I catch my flight from Bangkok to Hawaii on the 12th of April where I will be meeting with David and celebrate his B-Day then, get back to Montreal on the 20th as he goes back to Canberra. So yes! I’ll be back home after being gone for over a year 14 months to be more precise. It’ll be good to be back after spending all that time in Canberra. I just don’t know how David and I will cope with being apart for so long. We have only been apart for 8 non-consecutive days since we meet. It feels really good to be with someone that loves me just as much if not more than I love him. I want to do this trip but I don’t want to be away from him. I really love David but I hate living in Canberra. It’s a very crappy city!

Thursday, February 14th ‘08

Valentine’s Day! My very first non-single Valentine’s Day. David insisted so much on us celebrating out 1st Valentine’s together. I went to the hairdresser during my lunch break as I suspected he would be taking me out. Well, he did but only after giving me a long pearl necklace and matching earrings. We got dressed and went to our 9:30pm restaurant reservation and found we were the most dressed up people there. I might say, I didn’t care, I was just happy to be with my baby. When we got back, David had more instore for me, he had a crystal Goofy. I just could not believe he got me that. It was really nice but at the end, nothing could beat just being with him.

Wednesday, February 20th ‘08

I’m not working anymore as I quit my job, doesn’t mean that I’ve got nothing to do! Last weekend, David took me to Sydney which was nice as it’s been almost a year since I’ve been and I got to meet one of his older sisters. I got to dance on Friday night, went shopping and to Bondi Beach on Saturday ended with a stroll on Sunday. I didn't get the dress I wanted as they didn't have my size anymore but I got myself a really nice skirt and top. It was a very nice weekend and loved spending that time with David!

Since the beginning of the week, I’ve been driving David to work and picking him up, I might say that I now feel much more comfortable driving his car. There’s 2 weeks and 2 days left before I leave for Thailand and so much for me to do that it drives me crazy. I don’t know where my head’s at some times it’s really not easy.

Tuesday, February 26th ‘08

Last weekend, David and I went to Melbourne (yet again!) but this time was for his mom’s 60th B-Day party. I’m so tired of all that driving. It’s like 8hrs each way. We got to Geelong (his home town) Friday night and stayed at a hotel, it was so nice to finally sleep in a double bed as opposed to the single bed we’ve been sharing at his place. Saturday, we went horseback ridding and it was really nice. The stables were near the Great Ocean Road so there was a very nice view. We then had dinner with his friend Raf that he has been wanting for me to meet for awhile now. It was a nice dinner and Raf seemed to be a good guy.

On Sunday, it was Maureen’s B-Day party and we got there early as we had to check out of the hotel by 10:30am. I finally got to meet his other older sister and her boyfriend, that makes the entire family on his mother’s side. After running around like crazy trying to find his mother gifts it was nice to see her un-wrap them. I think this party was more of a photo session than anything else. Each children and their partners, Maureen and the children, just the children, Maureen, the children and their partners, just the brothers, just the sisters, ect. It was a never ending show of flashes and smiles. We finally got around to some food and a cake before we had to say goodbye and hit the road for another dreadful 8hrs.

Today, David asked to have the car which didn’t make me suspicious at all… uhun. He wore a suit to work today which is quite unusual, I’m suspecting a photo shoot or something of the kind but could be anything. I can’t wait to know what it is. So now, I’m confined to the apartment for the day. I texted Tess and she finishes work at 3 and she’ll pick me up so we can spend some time together. I only have a week and a half left. Time passes by so fast, I sure hope that time passes just as fast if not faster when I’ll be away from my man. I will miss him so much!

No comments: